If the following statements resonate with you, come see us immediately….
1. You MUST love to give hugs, wipe boogers, hold a crying toddler, get a dental inspection by a two year old, have pretend conversation “on the phone” into a block, and most of all eat pretend food like a champ!
2. You must have a strong stomach and be able to handle smells. The ability to identify immediately who the smell is coming from is a MAJOR BONUS and will save lots of time and energy in the long run. With this you will also develop a high level of comfort talking about bodily functions. Don’t worry, this is normal!
3. You must not take yourself too seriously. If you can engage 10 two-year-olds at the same times, you will look ridiculous, but it will all be worth it because they stopped what they were doing to watch you….MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!
4. You must be able to sing “Let It Go”, “Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star”, and any other songs requested by your kiddos. Your tune is not important, your performance is everything!
5. You must be able to see and count a sea of moving heads, instantaneously and locate anyone playing hide and seek by themselves (or with an imaginary friend).
6. You must be able to read a story while one child crawls in your lap, another tries to grab the book, and another one is telling you a completely different story. The ability to read in different accents and dialects is a major bonus as it will keep them engaged long enough for your co-teacher to get diaper changes done!
7. You must be able to identify and remember the names of 20+ kids, parents, grandparents, blankies, coats, socks, hair bows, and any other item that has ever walked into your classroom instantly and know the location. Don’t worry, we know this is not something you will be able to do on day one, day two however is another story.
8. You must be able to handle a meltdown and interpret crying, pointing, and lots of emotions to figure out what happened, all while making sure the rest of the class is ok. Multi-tasking is a LIFESAVER!
9. You must be comfortable navigating on the floor, sitting at a desk and chairs that is a foot off the ground, crawling through a tunnel to save a scared child, and of course using tot sized toys!
10. You must be prepared to laugh, love, and learn more about children than you ever have. This is by far one of the most joyous places to work, but you must be prepared to accept the challenges and benefits this job has to offer. Yes, you will have many days where you go home utterly exhausted, but you can’t wait to go the next day and try that amazing Pinterest project you found about Minions, because of course Minions are all the rage in your class.
If you are ready to join a winning team where we laugh, have fun, and kick drama out the door, come see us! We can’t wait to meet you!
Just in case you need more information…yes, you must pass a background check, you must get your CPR and First Aid Certification (if you don’t already have it), yes you must have a high school diploma or GED. We do provide a curriculum; however we allow you the creative freedom to add activities you deem necessary (we want you to be the leader in your classroom)!
All materials you need, we have or will get for you….we want you to succeed!
Are you ready? Apply today online by emailing your resume to us!
P.S. This should go without saying, but please do not apply if…
1. You have no way to get to work consistently or if you have to pick up or drop off others during your work hours.
2. Nothing is every your fault. At your last job, everyone else was the problem, but you did nothing wrong. (This may need to make you re-think your ability to have a job)
3. You know everything, are an expert at your job after day one, or don’t need anyone else’s advice.
4. You are unable to talk and work at the same time and your cell phone is attached to you at all times.
5. You thrive on negativity, gossiping, and whining.
6. You have no alarm clock and regularly oversleep. If you forget to come back after lunch, that will also be a problem.
Job Type: Full-time
Send your resume and available times to interview to firstname.lastname@example.org
By applying to this job, you agree to receive periodic text messages from this employer and Homebase about your pending job application. Opt out anytime. Msg & data rates may apply.
JobsUnique a Virginia, USA based Global Job portal that helps companies to find the best resumes open for a Jobs, position or a project in the United States of America.We connect prospective employers with prospective employees to build long-term and fruitful relationships between them.
It effectively replaces the time consuming, manually and error prone task of scanning thousands of resumes to fit a job.